Did you know that you can take years off your appearance without the need for invasive cosmetic dermatology? Most people worry that without face-lifts and other aggressive treatments that they can’t get beautiful results, but this simply isn’t true. In fact, our Phoenix, AZ cosmetic dermatologist, Dr. Tamela Tripp, can tighten skin and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles with great non-invasive options like Botox and Juvederm.
What is Botox?
Chances are pretty good that you’ve heard of Botox before, whether through TV commercials or magazine ads. This cosmetic procedure uses a purified form of botulinum toxin that is then injected into certain muscles of the face to temporarily stop muscle contractions, thereby smoothing out lines and wrinkles that appear as a result of smiling, frowning or laughing. Botox is great for targeting mild-to-severe crow’s feet, forehead wrinkles and laugh lines.
Here are some things you should know before getting Botox:
- There is no recovery time after treatment. Once you get your injections you are free to go back to your daily activities
- There isn’t usually more than a slight pinch felt when the injections enter the skin. You may talk to your Phoenix cosmetic skin doctor about using a numbing gel beforehand to reduce any discomfort you may experience during your treatment.
- Botox results don’t show up right away. It will take a few days for results to set in.
- Results are only temporary and last about 4 to 6 months. You can choose to get Botox again once your results start to wear off.
What is Juvederm?
Unlike Botox, which targets lines and wrinkles caused by muscle contractions, Juvederm is great for targeting lines, wrinkles, folds and even superficial scars. It can also be used to plump up thin or thinning lips. Juvederm uses hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring substance already found in the body but begins to deplete as you get older. This substance is great for keeping the skin firm and plump. Just like Botox, there is no downtime after treatment.
Here are some things you should know about getting Juvederm:
- The procedure only takes a couple of minutes to administer with minimal discomfort. These very thin needles also contain a local anesthetic that, when injected into the skin, also helps to reduce pain and numb the area.
- Results appear within one week and last anywhere from 4 to 9 months, depending on the type of Juvederm filler you choose. Like Botox, you can get maintenance injections to continue to refresh your appearance.
Do you want to learn more about what Botox or Juvederm could do for you? Then why don’t you call North Mountain Dermatology in Phoenix, AZ to book a consultation? You won’t be sorry.